Project opportunities for Psychology students
Students undertaking either Honours in Psychology or a Master of Industrial/Organisational Psychology at The University of Western Australia must complete a supervised thesis and/or practical placements across three organisations (Masters only). The Centre for Safety and Accelerated Learning Lab have a number of placement and thesis opportunities available to students throughout the year.
On this page you will find details about current placement and thesis opportunities. Also listed here are past details about past dissertations and placements so you can get a feel for the types of activities the Centre and Lab offer.
Current Thesis Opportunities
No current thesis opportunities. Please check back again soon!
Current Placement Opportunities (Masters I/O Psych only)
No current placement opportunities. Please check back again soon!
Examples of Past Masters Theses
- Safety motivation in the mining industry of South America: In the face of multiple goals like productivity, cost savings and safety, what helps to motivate employees to engage in safe behaviours? (Supervised by Professor Mark Griffin)
- Contractor safety culture in offshore drilling: In the oil and gas industry, contracting of specialised functions to external companies is extremely common, so how can operating companies measure and ensure a strong safety culture is adopted by their contractors? (Supervised by Professor Mark Griffin)
Examples of Past Placements
- Developing a case study on a past organisational change effort in a government department.
- Evaluating a voluntary health monitoring program in a government department.
- Developing a thought leadership article on well-being and thriving at work.
- Developing a diversity strategy in a mining company.